1.very large instruction sets reaching up to and above three hundred seperate instructions.
2. Performance was improved by allowing the simplification of program compilers, as the range of more advanced instructions available led to less refinements having to be made at the compilation process. However, the complexity of the processor hardware and architecture that resulted can cause such chips to be difficult to understand and program for, and also means they can be expensive to produce.
3. more specialized addressing modes and registers also being implemented, with variable length instruction codes.
4. Instruction pipelining can not be implemented easily.
5. Many complex instructions can access memory, such as direct addition between data in two memory locations.
6. Mainly used in normal PC’s, Workstations and servers.
7. CISC systems shorten execution time by reducing the number of instructions per program.
8. Examples of CISC Processors: Intel x…